Thursday, May 10, 2007

a day in May

So I haven't posted in ages. My blog is getting stale...:( Honestly I meant to post earlier. Lots of things going on. Here is a brief rundown:

a) Varun's Wedding - Just got back from an awesome wedding. It was my friend Varun's wedding in Toronto. Varun I have known since second year in college and he is like my brother and his family is part of my extended family. It was a great wedding, everyone from back in the day was down, music was great. The girl is from Bangalore so we thought it would be appropriate to crash the Mehndi in Dhotis. It was pretty funny actually. Have some pics that I will post when they become available. Was really tiring though. I left last Thursday and got back on Sunday, and during that period I must have slept a total of 7 hours. Well worth it though, as it was a great time and a great wedding.

b) My Sens - we made it to the conference finals. Playing Buffalo. Series starts tonight. Couldn't be prouder of the team disposing of the Pens and Devils in 5 games each. Could this be the year? Not like I can watch them next year anyways. Would be a nice sendoff. I have had a kill other team avatar for the past 2 rounds, so it is time to reveal the one for this round (FYI I found it on a sportsnet forum):



c) My Raptors - very dissapointing to lose in 6 games to the hated Nets. Just went to a wedding and we were all around a friend's blackjack refreshing the game every 2 seconds until we finally found out that the Raps lost by 1 in game 6 and their season was over. Sad, but this team is young and will have many good things to come.

d) Serb's Engagement - Next weekend I'm attending Serb and Komal's engagement in Paducah Kentucky. Now that should be a blast. I've never been in small town USA before and this is as small as it gets. Apparently we'll be hitting a local establishment and turning it dry.

e) Mexico City - So as if I didnt have enough things going on, I decided that it would be fun to spend the long weekend in Mexico City with an old friend from back at Microsoft. We'll be going for Memorial Day. Should be fun. I've never been there but I've heard its crazy. Any INSEADers in Mexico who want to meet? Give me a shout. I really want to go to this place called Tepico market...but apparently it's a bit dangerous :) You see, I have this thing, when I go to a big city I want to check out the Ghettos.
eg:
DC - Anacostia - DONE
Chicago - Cabrini Green - DONE
Atlanta - College Park - DONE
Toronto - Jane and Finch - DONE
New York City - The Bronx - DONE
Paris - Montmarte - DONE
Johannesburg - Hillsboro - DONE
Nairboi - ANYWHERE - DONE


So that's what is going on on this day in May....

No comments:

Xobni outlook add-in for your inbox