Saturday, April 14, 2007

Friday the 13th

So do you have tricadecaphobia (sp?). If you do, you should be freaked out when Friday the 13th rolls around. For me it always seems to be the opposite. I always have a good time on Friday the 13th, and yesterday was no exception. A few things were working into my favor rolling in including a great game 1 by the Ottawa Senators against the Pittsburgh Penguins to take a 1-0 lead in a best of 7 series. Wow Scotiabank Place looked to be rocking...so much for sleepy government town...love to see that, and Go Sens Go! They used to have that kind of support back in the early 90s when it was known as the loudest arena in hockey....guess those people were in hiding for the last 9 years.

Back to my tricadecaawesomeness....part 2, things going well at work, everything smooth...

part 3, place booked at INSEAD. Will be living in a 2 bedroom at Dover. I've sent my deposit and everything is taken care of.

part 4, Raptors...playing the Pistons should mean a guarenteed loss, right? nope, somehow Raptors down 10 come back and win with some ballsy shots down the strech. good job...wish the sens played tonight :)

part 5, Amit's bday dinner. Went to this awesome restaurant called 160 Blue. Food was amazing, atmosphere was great..definately a must eat restaurant in Chicago

part 6, going out. Went to great new place called Underground. We had tried to go there a couple of times earlier, but it was impossible (and for us this is unheard of). But tonight we had a contact so we were able to get in. Wow, the place is bumpin. The girl to guy ration at least 3-1 with hotness definitely being a pre-req to get in. Music great, women great....what else you want? lol...best thing about the club it has zero advertising. In fact you wouldnt even know its a club if you were walking by in the day. There is no signage whatsoever. INside it looks like a bunker, withi all these war maps all around. Really cool.

All-in-all great night....looking forward to the next Friday the 13th!

Peace out hommies.

2 comments:

AQ said...

I think i have guessed who you are. am in ur class in Singapore. Are you coming down for the June 9th Open Day?

Byoost said...

Hi ag, not sure who you are, but good to see a fellow INSEADer posting. I guess it's Not very hard to guess who I am especially with all the pics I posted. I don't think I can make the open day in Singapore, but I'm going to try to see if I can find a courier flight to get me there at the last minute. If not I'll be there in early August for sure. Can't wait to meet the whole class!

Xobni outlook add-in for your inbox