Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Singapoura

Looks like I have been admitted to the Singapore branch of INSEAD. For those that don't know, INSEAD has two locations: Fountainbleau (France), and Singapore. I selected Singapore since I prefer living in a city over a forrest. INSEAD students are encouraged to spend time on both campuses during the 1 year program.

The program is divided into 5 periods of 2 months each. You must spend the first 2 months in your home campus, but you can spend the other months wherever you want. I plan on spending P3 or P4 in France. P3 is usually when the major swap occurs.

So now that I know I'm starting in Singapore, I proceeded to look for roomates. Most reasonably priced acoms are 3 bedrooms. Through NetVestibule I found two people that seem quite cool. We decided we'll be getting a place together.

Doing lots of research, seems like acom near INSEAD is a mess. They are building a huge research park there, and there is limited acom available within walking distance. Two complexes make up all the housing in the area: Dover and Heritage View. Both used to be expensive, but now are super expensive due to high demand from expats and INSEAD students. So an apartment that used to cost 3000$S furnished just over a year ago has skyrocketed to 4900$S. AWESOME. Good news is though that the places looks amazing. They are basically resorts that include large pools, tennis courts, etc... Can't wait to live there. Here are some pics I found on the web:





No comments:

Xobni outlook add-in for your inbox